Sunday, December 20, 2009

Rediscovery

The last 2 years have been strange. After years (decades!) of losing total touch, old school friends have been returning to my life in ones and twos. First there were a few drops, then a trickle and now that we're all on Facebook, there's a veritable deluge!

I'm glad. I like the women we've become, each one of us. As Indrani put it, "I like where I'm at right now." Anjali, Promita, Indrani, Nila, Anuradha, Minakshi, Gargi, Sucharita, Sunrita, Mousumi, Sayantani: meeting you all after all these years, I like where you're at and I'm happy we met again at a time when we're all comfortable with who we are and what we're becoming.

Sumedha, Sunita, Shyamashree, you who've grown with me over the years, we're ageing well, aren't we?
Rama, Smita, Sumita, Roma, Seema, Rupa...and all those I'm in touch with virtually but am yet to meet in real time: I'm really looking forward to getting to actually knowing you all once again.
I think we'll make better friends this time around.
Cheers to a formiddable group of women!

3 comments:

AnjuGandhi said...

its so good to meet old friends and relive those old days.
first time on ur blog. enjoyed reading it

PEOPLE, PLACES, VOICES, FACES... said...

Hey Anju--nice to see you here too!

Anonymous said...

I wish I found littlelightbulbmoments.blogspot.com before ! Your site is very informative, thanks.
You nicely summed up the issue. I would add that this doesn’t exactly concenplate often. xD Anyway, good post…